with local guides
Fill your lungs with fresh mountain air. Discover the beauties of nature and monuments of the past under the guidance of experienced local guides. We cover various hiking routes in the immediate vicinity of Bovec and six surrounding Alpine valleys: Bavšica, Možnica, Loška Koritnica, Lepena, Zadnjica and Trenta. We offer hikes suitable for advanced mountain hikers and also for visitors looking just for a pleasant walk and a way to see some of the easily accessible natural wonders and cultural sights. You can choose between shorter (half day) and longer (full-day) hikes.
FAQ about hiking in the Soča valley
- Difficulty: From easy to demanding hikes.
- Group size: Depends on the difficulty.
- Availability: From 1. May to 31. October.
- Departures: By agreement.
- Meeting time: 15 minutes before departure.
- Meeting point: Outdoor Galaxy, Kot 1, Bovec.
- Hiking location: Soča valley.
- Equipment you should bring: Route appropriate hiking shoes, season appropriate clothing, hiking poles, small backpack, snack and drink.
- Medical conditions: All participants with a specific medical condition must consult with us prior to booking the activity.
- Reservation: Booking in advance is required.
Most popular hikes in the Soča valley
- Čelo: 2-3 h, easy
- Stol: 6-8 h, not demanding
- Krn lakes: 6-8 h, not demanding
- Krn: 7-9 h, less demanding
- Kanin: 5-6 h, demanding
- Rombon: 7-9 h, demanding
- Mangart – ITA ascent, ITA descent: 5-6 h, less demanding
- Mangart – SLO ascent, ITA descent: 5-6 h, demanding
- Mangart – Ferrata Itaiana: 4-5 h, very demanding
- Mangart – Ferrata Italiana + SLO ascent: 6-8 h, very demanding
- Triglav: 2 days, very demanding