Discover amazing views and great biking trails of Stol mountain.
The mountain ridge of Stol stretches out from Kobarid towards the Italian border. There is a 20 minutes drive with our van from our office in Bovec to the start at Učja. From there an hour and a half long climb up a dirt road takes us up to the mountain pasture Božica. The view from the ridge of Stol mountain is just amazing. On a clear sunny day you can see the Adriatic sea on South and Julian alps on East. The descent takes us down a disused military trail from the 1st World War down to the village of Žaga. From Žaga we follow the river Soča upstream back to Bovec.
Stol mountain bike guided tour photo gallery
FAQ about Stol mountain bike guided tour
- Level of difficulty: Advanced riders.
- Time riding: 4-5 h.
- Transfer to start (Učja): 20 min.
- Length: ≤ 30 km.
- Climb: cca. 600 m.
- Descent: cca. 900 m.
- Highest point: 1200 m.
- Group size: Minimum 4 guests.
- Availability: From 1. April to 31. October.
- Departures: By agreement.
- Meeting time: 30 minutes before departure.
- Meeting point: Outdoor Galaxy, Kot 1, Bovec.
- Included in the price: Guiding, bike and helmet rental, transportation from our agency to the starting point, 22% VAT.
- Equipment you should bring: Bike guards, cycling clothes and footwear, backpack, water, energy drink and bars.
- Medical conditions: All participants with a specific medical condition must consult with us prior to booking the activity.
- Minimum age: 14 years.
- Reservation: Booking in advance is required.