An aquatic canyon in the Italian Carnic Alps.
Rio Simon lies in the Italian Carnic Alps close to the village Chiusaforte. It is an aquatic and relatively long canyon. Experienced groups stay up to 4 hours in this canyon. However, inexperienced groups can stay up to 6 hours in Rio Simon. It offers numerous waterfalls, pure water, bright curtains of light, wet canyon walls, colourfull rainbows, many jumps into light green crystal clear pools and many unforgettable rappels down walls and waterfalls.
All participants must have good fitness and swimming ability and no irrational fear of heights. On this amazing canyoning tour we only take participants who have already been on a tour with us or are able to provide a resume of their canyoning experiences.
Canyoning in the Rio Simon canyon photo gallery
FAQ about canyoning in the Rio Simon canyon
Price: 180 € / person.
- Level of difficulty: Demanding canyon.
- Time in the canyon: 4-6 h.
- Time of the whole activity: 6-8 h.
- Access: 60 minute uphill walk.
- Highest rappel: 35 m.
- Group size: 4-6 guests.
- Availability: From June to September.
- Departures: By agreement.
- Meeting time: 15 minutes before departure.
- Meeting point: Outdoor Galaxy, Kot 1, Bovec.
- Canyon location: Rio Simon is located near the village Chiusaforte, Italy.
- Included in the price: Guiding, canyoning equipment, transport from our agency to the canyon and back, canyoning permit, 22% VAT.
- Equipment we provide: Wetsuit, helmet, canyoning harness with lanyard, carabiner, figure eight, socks, shoes.
- Equipment you should bring: T-shirt, swimsuit and towel.
- Medical conditions: All participants with a specific medical condition must consult with us prior to booking the activity.
- Swimming ability: All participants must know how to swim.
- Minimum age: 16 years.
- Maximum weight: women 115 kg / men 125 kg.
- Maximum waist measure: 120 cm.
- Reservation: Booking in advance is required.