Pure joy on 12 kilometer long single trail.
Matajur is a 1642 meters high mountain in the Julian Alps. It is located between the Slovenian Soča valley and the Italian mountainous region Veneto. There is a 35 minutes drive with our van from Bovec to the village of Avsa (half way up to the top of Mt. Matajur). Here we start the 2 hours climb up towards the mountain hut on Mt. Matajur (1.545 m). Arriving at the top we take the 12 kilometer long single trail downhill. We end up in the Italian village San Pietro al Natisone where we stop and enjoy some homemade ice cream from the local “gelateria” and wait for our transfer back to Bovec while drinking the best Italian cappuccino.
Mountain bike tour Matajur photo gallery
FAQ about Mountain bike tour Matajur
- Level of difficulty: Expert riders.
- Time riding: 4-5 h.
- Transfer to start (Avsa): 35 min.
- Length: ≤ 30 km.
- Climb: cca. 850 m.
- Descent: cca. 1400 m.
- Starting point: 680 m.
- Highest point: 1642 m.
- Group size: Minimum 4 guests.
- Availability: From 1. April to 31. October.
- Departures: By agreement.
- Meeting time: 30 minutes before departure.
- Meeting point: Outdoor Galaxy, Kot 1, Bovec.
- Included in the price: Guiding, bike and helmet rental, transportation from our agency to the starting point, 22% VAT.
- Equipment you should bring: Bike guards, cycling clothes and footwear, backpack, water, energy drink and bars.
- Medical conditions: All participants with a specific medical condition must consult with us prior to booking the activity.
- Minimum age: 14 years.
- Reservation: Booking in advance is required.