February 2015 (10-day trip)
explore Sri Lanka’s reefs and untouched shipwrecks
The busy commercial capital of Sri Lanka is one of Sri Lanka’s best kept diving secrets. With over 10 wrecks Colombo offers world class wreck diving in close proximity to the international airport and a major city. Explore the immense cargo holds of intact freighters such as the Pecheur Breton (Cargo Wreck ) and the Medhufaru, play with the friendly lionfish at the Nilgiri Tug or discover history on WWI wrecks such as the SS Perseus. Most wrecks are in the 20-30m depth range and easy to access being less than 30 minutes boat ride from the diving center.
When: 06. – 15. and 16. – 25. February 2015
For who: For advanced divers (AOWD, P2 or more)
Program: 5 or 7 diving days (2 dives per day)
Group: Small groups of maximum 10 divers.
The packages include 2 dives per day, boat transfers to diving locations, 12L tank, weights, snack and water. Third dive – supplement. Diving equipment and nitrox are not included in the price. The diving center Island Scuba is cca 850 m far from the accommodation (access on beach). In the reach of the diving centre are 14 wrecks. 10 wrecks are available to recreational divers (max. 40 m depth). The diving sites descriptions are available here.
- 7 days diving: 14 dives, 9 x B&B ………….. 705,00 €
- 5 days diving: 10 dives, 9 x B&B ………….. 585,00 €
- No diving: 0 dives, 9 x B&B …………………. 280,00 €
- dives: 14, 10 or 0 dives (depends on the package). Two dives per day.
- accommodation: 9 x B&B (twin/double/tripple room) in Ranveli beach resort.
- transfer: from Colombo airport to the resort and back (cca. 45 minutes drive in one direction)
NOT included in the package:
- SCUBA equipment rental (15 $ per day)
- diving with Nitrox (5 $ tank)
- third dive (35 $)
- accommodation – single use (30 $ per night)
- lunch and dinner
- tourist tax, tourist visa, fight ticket, trips, tips
- Ranveli beach resort Mount Lavinia
- B&B rooms for 2 or 3 people. Single use – supplement.